Associate of Setzler & Scott, P.A.
Hillary Lovell was born in Kent, Ohio in 1986. She graduated summa cum laude from Kent State University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. In 2005, Ms. Lovell studied French and international politics in Geneva, Switzerland.
Ms. Lovell attended Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she was a member of the Ohio State University Law Journal. While attending law school, Ms. Lovell was a judicial extern for Federal District Judge Gregory L. Frost and Federal Bankruptcy Judge Charles M. Caldwell. She also was an intern at the Supreme Court of Ohio.
In her last year of law school, Ms. Lovell was a visiting student at the University of South Carolina, where she was a member of the Mock Trial team. She was also a South Carolina Bar Foundation Fellow, serving as a law clerk at Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Inc.
In 2011, Ms. Lovell graduated from Ohio State University and was admitted to the South Carolina Bar. She joined Setzler & Scott, P.A. as an associate in October, 2011.
- Probate administration
- General civil litigation
- Construction law
- Business transactions
- Municipal law
- Personal injury law
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
- 2011, South Carolina
- 2011, United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, transient student, 2010-2011
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Kent State University, B.A., Political Science, 2007
- Summa cum laude
- Lexington County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- League of Women Voters