A partner at Setzler & Scott, P.A.
Joe Vasquez is a native of Miami, Florida, born April 23, 1967. Mr. Vasquez is a 1989 graduate of The Citadel earning a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (American Government) Cum Laude. As an undergraduate, he earned admission to Pi Sigma Alpha, the national political science honor society, and Phi Alpha Theta, the national history honor society. Mr. Vasquez was also the recipient of the James K. Coleman Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law, and was a Rhodes Scholarship finalist in the State of South Carolina.
Mr. Vasquez graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1993. During his law school studies he clerked for Setzler Chewning & Scott, P.A. (now Setzler & Scott, P.A.), and joined the firm as an associate in 1993. He became a partner in the firm in 2000. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the South Carolina Bar Association, and the Lexington County Bar Association. He was admitted to practice in the courts of the State of South Carolina in 1993 and the United States District Court, District of South Carolina in 1994. His practice covers the Midlands of South Carolina, particularly in Lexington, Richland, Calhoun, Edgefield, Saluda, Newberry and Orangeburg Counties. Mr. Vasquez has spoken at numerous continuing legal education seminars on the basic probate practice and procedure.
Since his admission to the bar, Mr. Vasquez has remained closely involved in the community and is active in his church.
- 1994, United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- 1993, South Carolina
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1993
- The Citadel, B.A., Political Science – American Government, 1989
- Cum laude
- Lexington County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Dutch Fork Citivan Club
- Vice President 1996-1997
- President 1997-1998
- Civitan of the Year, 1995-1996
- Rotary Club of Cayce West Columbia
- Board of Directors, 1996–1998
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Mount Tabor Lutheran Church, West Columbia, SC
- Endowment Fund Board of Directors, 2004-2011
- Pastoral Call Committe, 2010